Hen broccoli and rice casserole is a scrumptious, simple, family-friendly dish! It’s creamy and stuffed with flavors that completely complement one another! You’ll find it irresistible!
This recipe is amazingly scrumptious and you may’t beat a do-it-yourself casserole! After you’ve tried this one, go forward and make Cowboy Casserole, Corn Casserole, or this yummy Sausage and Biscuit Casserole. You’ll love all of them!
Easy and Scrumptious Casserole
I like a superb casserole! There are such a lot of on the market that it’s arduous to know which of them are value attempting. To assist me determine that out, it has to test off a couple of bins! It have to be easy, fast, and straightforward to make and never have too many elements. Oh, and it must be scrumptious! However that goes with out saying. This hen and rice casserole has traditional elements like this homemade cream of chicken soup that I not solely love however that my youngsters go loopy over! And, in case you actually wish to go above and past, then you must make this amazing dessert to go along with it. Your loved ones will thanks later!
With a bunch of elements that you simply in all probability have already got in your kitchen, this casserole is one thing you may make on the final minute! I like that it’s all made in a single pan and cooked collectively all of sudden. You get your grains, protein, and greens in a single! This protects me from having to make extra sides for dinner and is what makes this excellent for these on the go nights! When you attempt it, it is going to positively change into a household favourite!
Components in Broccoli and Rice Hen Casserole
Like I mentioned earlier than, the elements on this are in all probability already issues that you’ve in your kitchen! This makes it so easy to place collectively! See the recipe card under for a listing of actual ingredient measurements.
- Butter: Since you are including salt later, I like to make use of unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Onion: Chop up your onion into items related in dimension in order that it cooks evenly.
- Broccoli florets: Chop these up large or small, you are able to do no matter is greatest for your loved ones to eat!
- Rice: You’ll cook dinner this up earlier than mixing it in with the entire different elements.
- Cream of hen soup: You should use store-bought or you possibly can attempt making this scrumptious homemade cream of chicken soup.
- Bitter cream: This helps give the dish that creamy texture.
- Milk: Utilizing milk will assist to combine the entire elements collectively.
- Salt and pepper: Including these in will assist enhace the flavors of the entire different elements and provides it some further flavoring!
- Garlic powder: I looooove the flavour of garlic! It provides quite a lot of scrumptious taste to this recipe!
- Cooked hen: I used a rotissarie hen however you may as well cook dinner up some hen breast or use canned hen in a pinch as nicely!
- Panko: Whenever you combine this with the butter, it creates the proper topping that may get crispy and golden whereas it bakes!
- Parmesan: Provides within the excellent taste to prime the casserole.
- Butter: You’ll soften the butter to make use of within the topping and blend with with the cheese and bread crumbs!
Tips on how to Make Broccoli and Rice Hen Casserole
This casserole could be made in about half-hour! It’s the proper last-minute meal that your entire household will go loopy over!
- Preheat and sauté: Preheat oven to 350 levels. In a medium sized saucepan add the butter and onion and sauté over medium excessive warmth till virtually tender. Add within the broccoli and sauté till they begin to soften about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix: In a big bowl mix the broccoli and onion, rice, cream of hen soup, bitter cream, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and hen.
- Put in casserole dish: Unfold evenly right into a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Mix, sprinkle and bake: Mix the Panko, parmesan, and butter. Sprinkle on prime of casserole and bake for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown on prime and heated by way of.
Variations to Attempt
This broccoli and rice hen casserole is ideal as is however if you wish to cook dinner it extra typically, you possibly can simply swap a couple of issues up and make it style contemporary and new each time! Listed here are a couple of concepts!.
- Greens: Attempt switching out the broccoli for different greens that you simply like! Carrots, peas, inexperienced beans or any ones that you simply actually love! Or, you possibly can even add a couple of extra to the broccoli! Simply just remember to modify the quantities. For instance, in case you add in a single ingredient, make it 2 cups of every. If you wish to use 4 veggies, add 1 cup of every!
- Rice: You possibly can swap the white rice out for brown rice in case you like that higher. It’ll alter the style a bit however be jst as yummy. Be sure to comply with the instructions on the rice that you’re utilizing as a result of brown rice takes a bit longer to cook dinner!
Tips on how to Retailer Leftovers
This broccoli and rice hen casserole is simply pretty much as good (if not higher!) the following day! Right here is how one can retailer it and reheat it for later!
- Fridge: As soon as your casserole has cooled then retailer it in an hermetic container and place it in your fridge. It’ll final for 3-4 days!
- Reheat: To reheat your leftovers, place particular person servings on plates and microwave them on excessive for 1- 2 minutes or till heated by way of.
Preheat oven to 350 levels. In a medium-sized saucepan add the butter and onion and sauté over medium-high warmth till virtually tender. Add within the broccoli and sauté till they begin to soften about 3-4 minutes.
In a big bowl mix the broccoli and onion, rice, cream of hen soup, bitter cream, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and hen.
Unfold evenly right into a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
Mix the Panko, parmesan, and butter. Sprinkle on prime of casserole and bake for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown on prime and heated by way of.
Energy564kcal (28%)Carbohydrates64g (21%)Protein22g (44%)Fats24g (37%)Saturated Fats12g (60%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats7gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol84mg (28%)Sodium805mg (34%)Potassium511mg (15%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A1038IU (21%)Vitamin C55mg (67%)Calcium161mg (16%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data relies on third get together calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.