Have you ever ever seen cute little creatures made out of nuts and shells? This little walnut shell mouse is certainly one of my favourite little initiatives to make. In actually just some minutes you possibly can have a enjoyable little character made with pure parts and a little bit of glue. Whereas it’s a kid-friendly craft, it’s preferrred for anybody to make.
Walnut Shell Mouse
I’ve been experimenting with nuts for some time in crafting. My glitter acorns are an amazing fall craft and decor thought, however that’s not all. I’ve made a number of cute gadgets from pistachio shells, together with this upcycled pistachio shell candle holder. You could normally simply toss these into the rubbish, however I’ve made an entire new life for them!
This little walnut shell mouse is a good addition to your fall decor, or for playtime proper subsequent to the lovable pistachio shell hedgehog I made final yr. These are simply easy crafts that may be part of a bigger undertaking or only a easy little mouse to tuck into the nook of a shelf for enjoyable!
Can I Make This with Completely different Nuts?
Sure. If you wish to use one thing completely different you could have readily available, go for it! Acorns, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, and extra will be trimmed or cracked to make use of for slightly mouse creature. You simply want a flat backside and rounded high so as to add together with your different gadgets to create the look of a mouse.
What Can This Be Used For?
Taking a look at this, chances are you’ll suppose there actually isn’t a lot it may be used for, however you might be flawed! It’s such a cool little small craft that may be integrated into many issues in your house. Beneath are a few of my favourite concepts for this little mouse.
- Add to certainly one of these fairy gardens as the primary resident or simply an additional creature.
- Tuck into this fairy house produced from a cleaning soap bottle.
- Use in a mantle ornament alongside these farmhouse style fall lettered mason jars and even subsequent to a bouquet of those fall roses made from leaves.
- Make on your youngsters to make use of throughout faux to play with their different dolls and motion figures.
- Use as a part of a homeschool lesson on small rodents.
- Learn Stuart Little to your youngsters and use this as a prop to maneuver round and play with whereas they take heed to the story.
- Put subsequent to this rustic foam hedgehog to create a woodland creature show or diorama.
How Can I Customise My Walnut Shell Mouse?
Does your baby prefer to make issues their very own with distinctive appears to be like and types? In that case, they could need to do one thing a bit completely different when making this little mouse. Beneath are some nice concepts that add an additional look to the mouse for enjoyable.
- Use googly eyes as an alternative of a marker.
- Add buttons for the ears.
- Paint or spray all of it with a special colour.
- Add some glitter for sparkle.
- Use a glittery or glitter pipe cleaner for the tail.
- Add sequins everywhere in the shell to make it appear like it’s sporting a night robe.
- Add a hat for a boy mouse or a pink bow for a lady mouse.
What Glue Can I Use that’s Protected for Youngsters?
I usually use scorching glue for initiatives as a result of it’s handy, cheap, and I do know it would stick for a very long time. If you’re making these with youngsters, you’ll need to attain for a high quality non-toxic craft glue or school glue. These will work however could take longer to dry and will not be as robust so chances are you’ll discover a mouse with out an ear inside just a few weeks the place scorching glue would maintain for years.
The best way to Make a Walnut Shell Mouse
On a light-colored piece of felt, hint and reduce out two small ovals (1/4″) to create ears on your mouse. Then reduce a 4″ to six″ size of pipe cleaner.
Glue the 2 ovals on the “entrance” of the walnut shell to create the ears.
Twist the pipe cleaner slightly to offer it a “wave” then glue it on the underside of the walnut shell reverse the place you glued the ears.
Use a fine-tipped black marker (Sharpie), to paint a dot on the very pointed finish of the shell to create a nostril.
Then, add two small dots slightly below the ears for the eyes.
Show or use alongside
Extra Fall Youngsters Crafts
I like crafting with the youngsters. It’s all the time a lot enjoyable to see what they create, and even to observe their delight after they make one thing lovely. Beneath are some extra enjoyable concepts to make with youngsters of all ages. These are themed for the autumn season, however many might be made any time of the yr. Bookmark, print, or pin these crafts to make quickly!
- Walnut shell
- Pipe cleaner
- Black marker
- Scorching glue gun
- Scorching glue stick
- On a light-colored piece of felt, hint and reduce out two small ovals (1/4″) to create ears on your mouse.
- Glue the 2 ovals on the “entrance” of the walnut shell to create the ears.
- Twist the pipe cleaner slightly to offer it a “wave” then glue it on the underside of the walnut shell reverse the place you glued the ears.
- Use a fine-tipped black marker (Sharpie), to paint a dot on the very pointed finish of the shell to create a nostril.
- Then, add two small dots slightly below the ears for the eyes.
- Show or use alongside your favourite fall diorama.
Completed Undertaking Gallery
It is a good thought to make use of with youngsters for studying about woodland creatures!
Add a little bit of glitter to them to make them sparkle!