Blanketed with an insanely good soy garlic glaze, this juicy Asian glazed salmon is to die for! With how wholesome and scrumptious it’s, it is going to turn into your new lunch go-to!
Simple and Scrumptious Asian Glazed Salmon Recipe
Asian glazed salmon is the proper recipe for once you’re eager to make one thing scrumptious and wholesome with out spending the entire evening doing so. Only a handful of straightforward elements come collectively to create essentially the most tender and wonderful meal! Mix the benefit of cooking salmon, its well being advantages, an ideal sauce, and you’ve got a knockout dinner. You’d by no means know that this completely glazed fish is diet-friendly when it tastes this good! Not solely is that this Asian glazed salmon low in carbs, but it surely’s full of omega 3s, potassium, and vitamins- making it a dish you’ll be able to really feel nice about consuming!
So as to add, I really like salmon as a result of it’s so straightforward and quick to prepare dinner. The very best half about this Asian glazed salmon recipe is that you just put it beneath the broiler for five minutes on either side, and it’s cooked completely each time! You will love the candy, tangy, garlicky taste of this sauce. It tastes unimaginable and enhances the tender, flaky texture of broiled salmon so properly. Asparagus and brown rice had been what I paired this Asian glazed salmon with and it turned out to be a nutritious however satisfying meal. Even in case you aren’t a seafood lover, that you must give this recipe a attempt! It’s time to interrupt out the soy and hoisin sauce sitting in your pantry and get to creating this tasty dish!
Easy Asian Glazed Salmon Substances
When you style how wonderful this Asian glazed salmon is, you received’t consider it’s made with only a few straightforward elements! Recipes that style wonderful however don’t require me to purchase all new elements get an A+ in my e book. Measurements for every ingredient are listed within the recipe card beneath.
- Brown Sugar: The sweetness of the glaze comes from brown sugar. As soon as dissolved, it helps to create the proper texture as properly.
- Soy Sauce: Unique Kikkoman soy sauce is usually what I’ve in my cabinet, however you go for a low-sodium selection, too. This may assist minimize down on the salt content material of the glaze.
- Hoisin Sauce: Hoisin sauce is the key ingredient to so many Asian-inspired dishes. Should you haven’t tried it earlier than, it’s salty with a touch of sweetness, and has sturdy umami taste. It turns out to be useful for different recipes of mine like general tsos and kung pao chicken, so decide some up subsequent time you make a visit to your native Asian market! It’ll come in useful, I promise!
- Ginger: Ginger may be very fragrant and can improve the entire flavors within the glaze in order that they eminate completely in your mouth. On this recipe, the ginger I take advantage of is peeled and grated.
- Dried Purple Pepper Flakes: Add purple pepper flakes to style for slight warmth and extra texture.
- Garlic: Minced garlic goes to do a whole lot of the heavy lifting within the sauce to provide the excellent savory taste. Don’t skip it!
- Lime Juice: Provides the proper trace of tart, tangy taste.
- Salmon: I like to make use of salmon fillets which might be boneless, skinless, and roughly the identical thickness. This manner, all of them prepare dinner on the similar fee.
Learn how to Make Asian Glazed Salmon
That is the last word dish for busy weeknights. You get a tasty, nutritious meal in lower than 20 minutes, begin to end! I’m certain it is going to turn into a daily in your weekly dinner lineup due to how extremely straightforward it’s to make!
- Whisk Collectively Sauce Substances: In a medium saucepan, whisk collectively brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, purple pepper flakes, garlic and lime juice.
- Boil: Deliver to a boil over medium warmth till sauce thickens. Put aside.
- Preheat Broiler and Prep Baking Dish: Preheat the broiler to excessive. Line a baking dish with foil and place salmon on high.
- Brush With Glaze: Baste with glaze and broil for 4 minutes. Take away salmon from the oven, flip over, baste with glaze and return to the oven to broil for 4 extra minutes.
- Repeat: Rigorously take away salmon from the oven and baste yet another time earlier than serving.
Suggestions for Making the Greatest Asian Glazed Salmon
These fast ideas can assist you improve this straightforward dish! Cooked to perfection and smothered in a flavorful sauce, I do know you’ll love this recipe simply as a lot as my household has!
- Salmon: I attempt to decide wild-caught salmon as a result of it’s much less fatty and more healthy than farmed salmon is. Additionally it is extra sustainable! Wild-caught salmon might be darker and extra vibrant in coloration than its farmed counterparts. Attempt to decide salmon that appears moist and doesn’t have brown spots across the edges.
- Fillet Sizes: The thicker a salmon fillet is, the longer it takes to prepare dinner. I like to recommend selecting fillets which might be roughly the identical dimension and thickness in order that all of them prepare dinner up shortly and completely.
- Why Broil: Broiling is one in every of my favourite methods to prepare dinner up salmon. Not solely is it straightforward, it retains your fish tender whereas creating the proper, caramelized high.
- Thickening Glaze: If you wish to thicken your sauce, you’ll be able to add a teaspoon of cornstarch at a time till you’ve got reached your required consistency.
- Further Flavors: You possibly can customise your glaze with different elements like honey and sizzling sauce to regulate warmth and sweetness to your liking.
- When Salmon Is Achieved: You’ll know that your salmon is completed cooking when it turns opaque and flaky. Consider, in case your fillets are thick it might want a number of extra minutes of cooking earlier than you attain this level.
My private favourite approach to take pleasure in this salmon is with sides that may complement its well being advantages. Due to this, grilled vegetables and brown rice are normally within the lineup alongside this tasty dish! It’s also possible to have an Asian-inspired evening and pair your salmon with potstickers, wontons, and fried rice for a straightforward take-out type dinner at house!
Learn how to Retailer Asian Glazed Salmon
With the ability to reheat in each the oven and the microwave makes this salmon the proper fast and scrumptious meal! Nice for these of you on the go! Children may even heat it up for a tasty afternoon snack.
- Within the Fridge: As soon as your salmon has cooled down fully, you’ll be able to retailer it in an hermetic container for 3 days.
- Within the Freezer: Asian glazed salmon will hold for as much as 6 months within the freezer. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- Reheating: You possibly can microwave your salmon on 50% energy for 30 second intervals or till heated by way of. It’s also possible to pop it within the oven, wrap it in tin foil, at 275 levels Fahrenheit for 10-Quarter-hour.
In a medium saucepan, whisk collectively brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, purple pepper flakes, garlic, and lime juice.
Deliver to a boil over medium warmth till sauce thickens. Put aside.
Preheat the broiler to excessive. Line a baking dish with foil and place salmon on high.
Baste with glaze and broil for 4 minutes. Take away salmon from the oven, flip over, baste with glaze and return to the oven to broil for 4 extra minutes.
Rigorously take away salmon from the oven and baste yet another time earlier than serving.
Initially Posted on June 19, 2013
Energy432kcal (22%)Carbohydrates46g (15%)Protein36g (72%)Fats11g (17%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Ldl cholesterol94mg (31%)Sodium1296mg (54%)Potassium953mg (27%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar43g (48%)Vitamin A68IU (1%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium61mg (6%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data relies on third celebration calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.