Layer this superb marinade onto your shrimp for a wonderfully wealthy, savory taste with a pop of lemon your style buds will LOVE! The drool-worthy taste mixtures and ease of preparation make this Shrimp Marinade a recipe to return again to over and over.
A marinade can actually make or break grilled meat and seafood. To your barbecues this summer season, I like to recommend additionally attempting my steak, chicken, and Asian-inspired marinades to rely on for flavorful, mouth-watering meat each time!
Simple Shrimp Marinade Recipe
Grilling season is in full pressure and it’s time to boost your meats! Sauces are nice, however for really impactful taste that your loved ones will go loopy over, you’ve got to start out with a scrumptious marinade as a basis. Taste your shrimp from the inside-out with this marinade made with soy and Worcestershire sauce, Dijon Mustard, garlic, purple wine vinegar, and Italian Seasoning. These pantry-ready substances create probably the most excellent savory, tangy marinade with only a pinch of zip and sweetness.
You’re going to love the way in which this marinade makes your shrimp style. Every chew bursts with superb taste and texture. Whether or not you’re cooking on the grill, in a skillet, or within the oven, this marinade delivers! Merely whisk collectively a couple of substances, cook dinner your shrimp to perfection, and you’ve got a profitable dinner in your arms!
Shrimp Marinade Elements
The very best half about this recipe is that it solely requires a mix of some sauces that you just most likely have already got readily available! All particular person measurements are discovered within the recipe card under.
- Olive Oil: Pulls fat-soluble substances collectively and actually helps to infuse your shrimp with taste. You may also substitute olive oil for melted butter.
- Purple Wine Vinegar: Provides a tangy taste with a touch of sweetness.
- Garlic: 3 cloves, minced.
- Italian Seasoning: Provides a zesty taste and texture. You should use packaged Italian seasoning, however I like to recommend utilizing my homemade seasoning for additional recent taste.
- Lemon Juice: You should use bottled or recent lemon juice.
- Soy Sauce: Makes your marinade extra savory. Additionally provides an attractive, caramelized coloration to your shrimp when cooked.
- Dijon Mustard: Provides a pointy, tangy taste to the marinade.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Provides a mix of bitter, candy, and barely spicy flavors to your marinade.
Making Your Marinade
With just one step, that is the simplest means so as to add insanely scrumptious taste to shrimp. Utilizing a medium-sized bowl, mix olive oil, purple wine vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, soy sauce, Dijon Mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the shrimp and let marinate for no less than one hour or in a single day.
Shrimp Marinade Professional Suggestions
Because the constructing block of grilling, marinating is necessary! Use the following tips and tips to verify your meat and seafood seems completely!
- Not Marinating Too Lengthy: If utilizing plenty of citrus in your marinade, make sure that to not let your shrimp sit in it too lengthy. The acid within the marinade can really begin to eat via your shrimp and make it mushy. half-hour to an hour is loads of time for a citrus-based marinade to work.
- Pat Shrimp Dry: Earlier than marinating shrimp, make sure that to pat it dry. This helps the marinade stick higher.
- Contemporary or Frozen: You should use both recent or frozen shrimp when marinating, however recent shrimp absorbs taste higher. Let frozen shrimp thaw within the marinade for half-hour earlier than cooking.
- At all times Marinate in Fridge: Marinating at room temperature may cause dangerous micro organism to develop.
- Utilizing Marinade as Glaze: It can save you a few of your marinade to prime your shrimp with as a glaze after cooking. Be sure to put aside additional marinade earlier than including uncooked shrimp to keep away from foodborne diseases.
- Utilizing Different Meats: This marinade additionally tastes nice when cooked with hen, steak, and fish. It’s so versatile and scrumptious.
- Serve With: This shrimp tastes nice paired up with so many various issues. You possibly can put it on a bed of pasta, serve it alongside scrumptious garlic mashed potatoes, and even stick it on a skewer with vegetables for a beautiful summer season deal with!
Storing Leftover Shrimp Marinade
- Within the Fridge: Do-it-yourself marinade will last as long as 2 weeks within the fridge in an hermetic container. Be sure to retailer leftover marinade that hasn’t had any uncooked meat in it but.
- Within the Freezer: Marinade will be saved in ziplock luggage and saved for 3-6 months.
In a medium sized bowl mix olive oil, purple wine vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, soy sauce, Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add the shrimp and let marinate for no less than one hour or in a single day.
Energy65kcal (3%)Carbohydrates1gProtein1g (2%)Fats7g (11%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats5gSodium140mg (6%)Potassium22mg (1%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A6IUVitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium8mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.